Suggestion for AI2 - draw blocks with opaque bounding rectangle

Assigned to halab...@google.com by taifu...@gmail.com

Ted Inoue

Mar 6, 2014, 11:15:51 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Problem: when you expand a block and it overlays other blocks, the transparency of the top block lets the other block be visible, making it confusing as to which code you are seeing.
In addition, if you edit the top block, sometimes it grabs elements from the underlying block, causing inadvertent code changes.

Fix: Draw blocks with opaque backgrounds covering the full bounding rectangle of the code block. This eliminates both issues, assuming you stick with the WYSIWYG editing of blocks. If you can't see it, you can't accidentally edit it.

josmasflores

Mar 6, 2014, 12:43:19 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ted, thanks for your suggestion. We would love to have a contribution for this. You can find all documentation needed to make changes in AI here: http://appinventor.mit.edu/appinventor-sources/

Looking forward to your contribution!

Cheers,
José

Jos Flores

Mar 6, 2014, 5:32:02 PM3/6/14
to Ted Inoue, mitappinventortest

Hi Ted, please reply to the list.

That's fantastic news. Let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks!