Lost my projects

Assigned to srl...@appinventor.mit.edu by chrisw...@gmail.com

John Bates

May 3, 2019, 4:46:30 PM5/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
My google account did not have a Gmail address and all has been fine in the world for years. I decided to create a Gmail account and my google profile automatically switch it to my default and made my old email a backup email. Every thing seemed fine till I sign back in to app inventor. It says I do not have any projects. I try to sign in with my old email and it switches to the new one. Is there a way to retrieve them or are they lost?

Chris Ward

May 3, 2019, 4:56:46 PM5/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello John

MIT can fix it Server-side. I will assign this post to a MIT Guru. Please be patient, they are a busy team and potentially in a different time zone.

Some one will contact you, you will need your original email address and possibly the name of one of your projects - but do not post details here, it is not secure.

John Bates

May 3, 2019, 4:57:53 PM5/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you very much.

srl...@appinventor.mit.edu

May 3, 2019, 5:01:02 PM5/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
They're not lost. Please email me (srlane AT mit DOT edu) and Evan Patton (ewpatton AT same) with the old email address and the new address. Make sure it's clear which email address you want to have the projects.

Cheers!

John Bates

May 3, 2019, 9:56:23 PM5/3/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum