App crash when open another screen.

Mukesh

Oct 6, 2015, 12:50:35 PM10/6/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi ,
sir and friends,

Please help.
My app crashes in several devices after the August 18 release.
The problem still persist even if it is built with latest  October 5 2015 Version: nb146d release.
I reduced Images size as much as possible.  There was no problem in any device in earlier APKs with same project.

The problem occur when screen changed or screen is back pressed.

Italo

Oct 6, 2015, 3:15:17 PM10/6/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Also you have a lot of redundant blocks that serves no purpose, for example all the IF TRUE blocks, that will always be true, so there's no reason to have that there. Or maybe you want to check if a specific global variable is true? Then you should use that global block alone, instead of the TRUE block.

Mukesh

Oct 8, 2015, 10:47:47 AM10/8/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks Italo

The manager app idea worsen the problem.

I have put just one part of blocks. If true block has a meaning.

The problem occur when screen is changed or any screen is back pressed.
The same blocks have been working fine in older versions of the ai.

I am sure this is ai bug.

Italo

Oct 8, 2015, 11:55:59 AM10/8/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
In the other screens, What blocks you use to go back to Screen1?
Please post your aia so I can test it in my device.

Scott Ferguson

Oct 8, 2015, 1:12:14 PM10/8/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If not using the manager idea, you should use 'close screen...' to go back to a previous screen not 'open another screen...'
'open another screen...' will allocate more memory for the screen eventually resulting in an out of memory condition that may or may not give an error message before crashing.
---
sf