Thomas Kritzer

May 7, 2019, 7:00:06 AM5/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi all,

i am just finished with my first app. I use canvas to manipulate a photo on the phone before i send it to the server. for this operation i need write access to the memeory on the phone. When i install the app on the phone i have to set the right manually. Is it possible to do that automaticly during installation? Can i set this right before i publish the APP?

i was looking and searching but i didn't find anything.

Thomas

BodyMindPower

May 7, 2019, 9:41:07 AM5/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Since API 23 WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is requested at runtime. For devices with API<23 this is done at install-time. So, for devices with API>22 (starting with Android 6) the user is asked to grant / deny permission at runtime.

Anke