Suggestions for MIT developers About the Responsive Version of MIT App Inventor

Assigned to halatmi...@gmail.com by taifu...@gmail.com

bianca fenice

Aug 14, 2015, 9:02:37 AM8/14/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Situation:
I'm testing the new  Responsive Version of MIT App Inventor Built: August 11 2015 Version: ai2-test-20150811 in which this is the situation:

Focus on fields where to insert pixels or percent for some moments and think...

My question are:
What's happens if a AI user insert both values for pixels and percent Units?
What's happens if a AI user insert a value in pixels using designer and a percent value in block editor?
What if in the future there will be the need to implement further units like mm cm in pt etc that are used about into any good editor (HTML, css, UI designers, Programming etc...)?

My proposal:
My proposal to solve such questions is to use a drop down menu to select units instead having two (or more) separate fields:

And for block editor:

IMHO a drop down menu is the way to go to select the unit to use, not using more and more separate text fields.

Also should be even better if the block editor had a drop down menu to choose from the unit to use instead attach a text field and write inside it the unit like the above version.
Something like this:

My images are just graphically edited...

What do you think about that?

Bianca

Italo

Aug 14, 2015, 10:10:02 AM8/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
What's happens if a AI user insert both values for pixels and percent Units?

Since there's a radio button that tell AI2 which value is enabled, nothing happens. It just uses the one that is checked .

I think your idea is really good. Makes the interface a little cleaner and professional looking and also makes it easier to add more options, I guess.
Let's see what the developers think about it.

bianca fenice

Aug 15, 2015, 11:21:38 AM8/15/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
@Italo