It won't accept my uploaded project

James Murray

May 19, 2014, 9:46:33 AM5/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm very excited to test the new test release.  As a person with a very large project, any improvements where lag is concerned are wonderful and eagerly anticipated.  However, when I tried to upload my aia yesterday, it said "Server error: could not upload project. Please try again later!"  So I waited 24 hours and tried again today.  I got the same message.  I tried uploading a different project - a much smaller one - and it uploaded fine.  Then I tried my big project again, and I got the same error message.  I thought "Well, maybe this is a corrupt aia file."  But no, I uploaded it into a personal server (AI2U) with no problems.  So I don't know why it won't take my project.

M. Hossein Amerkashi

May 19, 2014, 10:11:00 AM5/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I believe that the performance updates are not in the May 18th release.

-Hossein.

SteveJG

May 19, 2014, 11:14:40 AM5/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hossein is correct, the performance improvements are NOT included in the May 18th AI2 update.  The performance fix will be coming soon, perhaps within a few days.

Be aware, you may not be able to load the aia from a Project built on the test project AI2  on the regular AI2.  There was a message warning of this.  When the performance
update is posted, you may be able to load the aia built on the test project but then again, you may NOT be able.

Regards,
Steve

James Murray

May 19, 2014, 11:32:53 AM5/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I think there is a misundetstanding. I am not trying to load something from the test server into the regular AI2. Rather I am trying to import from AI2 into the test server. I'm on a cell. Please excuse brevity.

SteveJG

May 19, 2014, 11:40:06 AM5/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
OK, in that instance I expect the aia from the regular AI2   is greater than 5Mb, has a coding error (do you see the red triangle value in the lower left of the Blocks screen other than equal to zero?).  OK, be aware AI2U stuff is not necessarily compatible with the regular AI2 on the Web

James Murray

May 19, 2014, 11:41:26 AM5/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
There is no coding error or red warning. It's about a meg and a half in size.

James Murray

May 19, 2014, 11:42:41 AM5/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I have never built any of it in AI2U. That was just a test. It's all been just AI2.

SteveJG

May 19, 2014, 11:56:08 AM5/19/14
"I got the same message.  I tried uploading a different project - a much smaller one - and it uploaded fine."

... so the issue is a problem with the aia file.    Use a backup aia if you have one.   or run it in the personal server and save a new aia and try it with regular ai2; it might work then.