Can someone comment my project.

ITmePEAK

Nov 1, 2018, 2:10:21 AM11/1/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am the beginner.This is my first project.
I want to know things to improve my project and make my project much more better.
CAN someone comment it?
Proportion_PNR.aia

Chris Ward

Nov 1, 2018, 6:41:08 AM11/1/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi

It's unfinished but you have got a lot done and used some good technique such as implementing Arrangements, something that a lot of beginners miss!

Your buttons are way too small yet they need not be. I don't like the animated pointing finger but that's just my personal preference :)

Set the options for App/Screen1:
  • Orientation Portrait
  • Sizing Responsive
  • Scrollable
In general, be specific about what you want to see, don't leave options as "default".

Screen1 Blocks
  • Since you allow NUM1 to NUM4 to be either numerals or Characters, you need to test what type they are before applying a sum.
  • Code is not safeguarding against the User input of illegitimate Characters/Numbers.

blocks.png

Screen2 Blocks

Cannot do this, it results in a memory leak:

Screen2blocks.png

Do this instead:

Screen2blocksfix.png

User will be taken back to the Calling Screen (in this case, Screen1)

Screen2 ignores User hitting the Device Back Button.......

Image: numbers-icon-png-2.png  Far too large, dimensionally and color depth (2.44MB uncompressed)

See my website for guidelines on optimum images:

https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips#TipsImages

ITmePEAK

Nov 1, 2018, 10:12:02 PM11/1/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
thank you very much^_^

ITmePEAK

Nov 1, 2018, 10:18:32 PM11/1/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Can you read thai???
LMAO

ITmePEAK

Nov 1, 2018, 10:34:11 PM11/1/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I don't know why use that?
why.PNG

Chris Ward

Nov 1, 2018, 11:04:40 PM11/1/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi

It is more efficient, and safer.

Chris Ward

Nov 1, 2018, 11:06:29 PM11/1/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
...unfortunately I can't read Thai. Google Translate is not that good at Thai either :(

ITmePEAK

Nov 1, 2018, 11:32:03 PM11/1/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
haha
I am 13 years old .
I do this project because I want to contest another schools.
thank you. very much

ITmePEAK

Nov 2, 2018, 1:01:22 AM11/2/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum