Assigned to j...@mit.edu by halatmi...@gmail.com

gius

Jul 6, 2015, 12:39:18 PM7/6/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
does anyone know if it will be possible soon get to App inventor 2 with Android API4?

thanks

Ghica

Jul 7, 2015, 9:10:31 AM7/7/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Any time now. But do not keep your fingers crossed. Probably in the fall. It is not an easy subject and there are lots of compatibility problems to be sorted out, but the development group is working very hard on it.
Cheers, Ghica.

Hal Abelson

Jul 7, 2015, 10:07:06 PM7/7/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Actually, *do* keep your fingers crossed.  We're about to release an initial test instance with API level 4, and a plrs for help with testing.   Watch for it sometime in the next week

Ghica

Jul 8, 2015, 2:08:35 AM7/8/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
That is great news! Cheers, Ghica.

gius

Jul 8, 2015, 8:58:33 AM7/8/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ghica and Hal for your answers.

Aal Abelson,
with the new API 4 the apk will be compatible with the tablet with google play store?

thanks

Peter Mathijssen

Jul 9, 2015, 2:52:47 AM7/9/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

Peter Mathijssen

Jul 9, 2015, 2:57:21 AM7/9/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
In the api4test if you have a horizontal layout or table layout and you put a button or label next to a textbox it looks ok. But when you put a textbox next to a button or label they overlap the textbox.
Selectie_198.png

SteveJG

Jul 9, 2015, 7:55:35 AM7/9/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
@ Peter ... your image is of the Designer screen.  Does the overlap occur when the app is run on the device after it is compiled or during live development?   I think not.  What is seen in on the Designer screen is only a caricature of what will display on the device according to MIT.

@ gius ...will the apk be compatible with Google Play for tablets requirements when API4 is compiled in Responsive mode?    Probably not.  You will have to try and put something on GP.  My understanding is the tablet improvements will result only in better resolution on tablets at least in the initial release of what MIT is now calling Responsive mode

Regards,
Steve

Taifun

Jul 9, 2015, 9:36:00 AM7/9/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
with the new API 4 the apk will be compatible with the tablet with google play store?
no, you still have to follow these steps
or use Gabriele's tool, more info see here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ai4a/9aPGWpkKHOY/rd8iK1vTMcQJ
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Peter Mathijssen

Jul 10, 2015, 10:49:50 AM7/10/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

This is how it looks like. I now designer can look different from app but i never saw an overlap.
Screenshot_2015-07-10-16-46-26.jpg