issue with firebase storage extension

luis carlos castillo morales

Nov 21, 2019, 9:40:21 PM11/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

 Hello community, I am trying to use an extension that I found in this forum, to be able to use firebase storage with appinventor,  at the moment I  upload the photos to firebase storage server. The problem is that I could not download them back  to the application to fill two empty images

How can I do that

Some other extension that can help me for what I want to do

Thank you

issue1.jpg
issue2.jpg

SteveJG

Nov 21, 2019, 9:59:55 PM11/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This extension works with AppyBuilder and Kodular.  Are you sure the extension works with App Inventor 2?

Reading through the documentation; several developers have issues downloading images using the extension.  Did you notice?

You might get a better response by posting in the AppyBuilder discussion where the the extension is described if you get no suggestions in the App Inventor 2 Forum Luis.

Regards,
Steve

TimAI2

Nov 22, 2019, 3:44:17 AM11/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I can't see a FirebaseStorage1.Get block ?

You have to GET the file before you can use the downloadUrl.....

luis carlos castillo morales

Nov 22, 2019, 10:34:18 AM11/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
thankyou im going to check in kodulars and appybuldier documents, thankyou tim thats the problem i dont know how to use that block

TimAI2

Nov 22, 2019, 12:50:24 PM11/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Example blocks

firebaseimageblocksexample.png

luis carlos castillo morales

Nov 28, 2019, 7:07:10 PM11/28/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
great timm your example blocks works perfectly thankyou, but my question now is how can i download 2 diferents pictures uploaded in firebase? is it posible ?

luis carlos castillo morales

Nov 28, 2019, 10:39:54 PM11/28/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
i already fixed thankyou for you help friends  i repeat  the block get file  with diferent file name and diferent buttons to call the blocks