Joshua Haley

Sep 29, 2019, 9:20:34 PM9/29/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am currently working on an app utilizing the tutorial in chapter 4. my blocks are set up according to the tutorial, but no matter what I do the app will not send the response message or read the info for the incoming message out loud. I have tried it with the texting.1 send message block and the send message direct block. I uninstalled my companion app from the play store and redownloaded the app direct from MIT app inventor 2 so that i could change the permission settings for sms and it still does not work. Why is this because it is affecting class assignments?

SteveJG

Sep 29, 2019, 9:41:28 PM9/29/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Talking about chapter 4 doesn't help us much Joshua, it does not let us identify a Project.  Are ya'll doing the No Texting While Driving" app?   If that is true, did you compile the app while using Companion 2.55u?  2.55u must be used along with the sendmessagedirect block. contrary to the discussion in this 'old' tutorial that has gone stale.   Also, if using Tablets, be aware GV only works to receive since Google implemented its security requirements late last year.
Also, this tutorial must be tested by building the apk now I believe and used on a phone with network service.

Regards.
Steve