How do I keep my music player app playing in the background, when I exit the app?

Michael Onas

Mar 6, 2014, 10:07:29 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Please SEARCH in this forum before posting your question.   There's a good chance your question has already been asked.

If you are asking for technical help, you must provide the following information:
- Are you using MIT App Inventor Classic, MIT App Inventor 2, or something else (what?)
- What OS are you using? (e.g, MacOS 1.8, Windows 8, ...)
- What browser are you using (e.g, Chrome version 30, Firefox 24, IE 8, ...)
Also provide as much information as you can, such as screenshots and instructions that will let others duplicate the issue.

WorldBeat.apk

Aaron Prindle

Mar 6, 2014, 3:33:56 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe that this is possible with the current implementation of AppInventor.  As of right now, you cannot play music on the Player or VideoPlayer component when your app is not active (running in the background).

jrag...@sirrags.com

Mar 20, 2014, 11:09:15 AM3/20/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Did this ever get resolved? I created a streaming app for my internet station and I can't put it on Google Play with it turning off when the screen goes to sleep.

Enis

Mar 20, 2014, 12:46:10 PM3/20/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, jrag...@sirrags.com
A student is working on a new implementation of the player component that would allow this, but it's a ways away... It's not finished.  After being finished, it has to pass a review, and only after extensive testing will it actually end up in AI.  Don't count on this soon.