Chris H.

Dec 12, 2018, 12:53:15 PM12/12/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello All,

Over the past couple of years, I have included a lesson in my App Inventor 2 Unit that covers Google Fusion Tables.  Later in the year, the students learn how to work with SQL directly, but using Google Fusion tables is a nice way to introduce them to how to query/add/update an online database while building an app at the same time.  I have each student complete and expand upon the App Inventor 2 pizza party app, which, uses Fusion Tables to keep track of customer orders.

I received an email from Google yesterday that Fusion Tables will be decommissioned during 2019.  Can anyone recommend an alternative that doesn't require running an SQL database off of a separate server?  Fusion Tables were nice because after setting up the service account, the students could get right to work because the table was hosted by Google.

Thank You,

Chris