Ivy McCargo

Mar 16, 2019, 10:45:14 PM3/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am trying to create an online store for students at my school to use their "school bucks" to purchase items from the school store. I also want staff members to be able to give students "school bucks". How do I get started?

SteveJG

Mar 17, 2019, 12:34:36 PM3/17/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
There probably is no tutorial to do this Ivy.   This will be a complex app.  What have you tried?

Do you have a lot of experience with App Inventor?   You are going to have to know how to use an online database to store transactions, how to create user log in credentials and a way to verify them,  Do you have a diagram showing how you think this should work?

How do you get started?   What you  do depends on what you know now.

 Here are some resources to help you learn to use the AI2 tools  A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook   http://www.appinventor.org/book2 ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page.  The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here http://www.appinventor.org/content/CourseInABox/Intro  and the aia files for the projects in the book are here:  http://www.appinventor.org/bookFiles

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here:  http://www.appinventor.org/content/howDoYou/eventHandling  .

Here is a link to a tutorial that uses the FirebaseDB that is a booking app.  Some of what you will need to do is part of an app like this https://opensourceforu.com/2017/09/creating-digital-booking-app-app-inventor-2/  and another one is    List View & A Booking App On App Inventor  .  Here is a digital wallet   https://opensourceforu.com/2017/04/creating-a-digital-wallet-application-in-app-inventor-2/ The examples might get you started and preview what is involved in your app.   This might help too   https://opensourceforu.com/2016/10/web-database-using-app-inventor-2/    and perhaps this Pizza Party tutorial remix for the CloudDB  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mitappinventortest/hOx-n14lkBs/AKeNoY_0AwAJ;context-place=categories/mitappinventortest

Is this what you wanted to know?

Regards,
Steve