nic...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2014, 6:06:40 PM3/8/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to learn myself to use App Inventor. I started today without any experience with programming. The app that I'd like to develop includes a dynamic poll (dynamic in the sense that respondents should be able to add answer options). Therefore, I think I will require Fusion Tables.

To learn to use Fusion Tables, today I've been trying to recreate the Pizza Party tutorial (http://explore.appinventor.mit.edu/content/pizzaparty), which includes Fusion Tables.
I understand the tutorial. A small problem is the fact that the tutorial seems to be somewhat older and assumes you're using an older version of  App Inventor.
Anyways, I think I've been able to recreate the app and I've also installed the emulator.

The error message I get when testing the app in the emulator is: "403 Forbidden Access. Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project."
I'm also completely new to API/Google Developer, and I don't know what I've done wrong (nor really what I'm doing there ;-)).
I went to http://console.developers.google.com, selected APIs&auth and then Credentials, selected Create New Key, chosen Android Key, and this way generated the API key, which I use in the app.
What am I doing wrong? Is there for example perhaps also a status under APIs&auth> API's that I need to turn on?

Thanks!
Nick

Hal Abelson

Mar 8, 2014, 6:40:33 PM3/8/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Shaileen Pokress
Nick: Here is the AI2 version of Pizza Party

http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/pizzaparty.html

See if that helps and send another post if it does not.

Shay:  People are getting confused by visiting the AI classic tutorials because they don't say that they are for AI classic.
I'd suggest that each Classic tutorial say that it's for classic, and have a link to the AI2 version, if it  exists

nic...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2014, 7:36:42 AM3/9/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Shaileen Pokress
Thanks a lot Hal! It now works. I hadn't yet toggled the button to on for Fusion Table API.