best tablet to use?

Assigned to shai...@media.mit.edu by halatmi...@gmail.com

Dee Anne Chapman

Jan 19, 2014, 8:49:41 AM1/19/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I am teaching a class with App Inventor and need to purchase several tablets.  Funds are low, and I'd like to purchase the least expensive devices (refurb are fine) that are guaranteed to work with App Inventor 2.  Suggestions?  What technical specs should I look for?  Thanks!

Shaileen Pokress

Jan 21, 2014, 1:21:01 PM1/21/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dee Anne,

There is no one tablet that is the best. I recommend that you look for devices with a camera if possible. It used to be that the least expensive devices did not have cameras but that is rarely the case anymore. Several App Inventor teachers have found that amazon.com, Best Buy, etc. have low-cost devices that work just fine.

That said, I invite others on this forum to reply here with the particular device(s) that they have found to work well.

Hope that helps!
Shay