Reymo Kreuz

Feb 15, 2019, 2:42:10 AM2/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi

After the update on 7th february i cant get sms function to work
i had this one button sms send system in my app
i have gave every access whats needed

I REALLY NEED TO GET THAT WORK AGAIN

Rafgau

Feb 15, 2019, 3:35:56 AM2/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I Have the same problem !! SMS do not send anymore ! Anyone help us please ?

Peter Mathijssen

Feb 15, 2019, 4:34:41 AM2/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Did you read the releasenotes?

Changes between nb174 and nb175 (February 7, 2019)

This is a Component Release. You should use MIT AI2 Companion version 2.51, available directly via the Help->Companion Information menu option and from the Google Play Store. Earlier versions should also work, but new features require the newer version.

New functionality

We implemented conditional permissions for Texting and PhoneCall components so apps built with MIT App Inventor will be compliant with new Google Play Store policies. By default, apps using the Texting and PhoneCall components will now launch the device's default texting and dialer apps. Most app inventors will be able to continue using the existing blocks for their apps.

If you want to build apps that respond to SMS or phone calls, or directly initiate a text or call, you may do so. To send a message or start a call, use the SendMessageDirect and MakePhoneCallDirect blocks, respectively. Receiving texts and calls continues to behave as it did. However, apps built with these behaviors will trigger additional review when being submitted to Google Play.

We implemented default handling for the Map.GotFeatures and Map.LoadError events. For GotFeatures, the default behavior will be to create features and populate the Map with them. For LoadError, the Screen's ErrorOccurred event will be run if defined, otherwise a toast will be shown.

NOTE: The MIT AI2 Companion distributed through the Google Play Store cannot use the SendMessageDirect or MakePhoneCallDirect blocks. Attempting to use them will result in a permission error. This is due to restrictions imposed by Google (see paragraph above about changes in Google Policies). If you download the Companion directly from the MIT App Inventor system (via the “Help->Companion Information” Menu option) you will get a version that does work with the “Direct” blocks.

Reymo Kreuz

Feb 15, 2019, 4:44:06 AM2/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Neither user 10265 nor current process has android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE.
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.

That what i get

Rafgau

Feb 15, 2019, 4:49:08 AM2/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I didn't do that yet ! Thanks you, it works !

Reymo Kreuz

Feb 15, 2019, 6:00:55 AM2/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
it didnt help me