GPS Compass/Magnetometer HMC5883L Problems with Arduino

Daniel Alivov

Apr 6, 2019, 4:42:24 PM4/6/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello everybody, I hope all is well. I am currently building a robotic car which is GPS Guided and Bluetooth Controlled, using the Arduino Mega 2560 microcontroller and HMC5883L compass. I have run into a problem while calibrating the compass, I cannot get data (or X Y coordinates) from the Serial Monitor. The Monitor is at 9600 baud, Newline, I have checked the wiring of this compass, and am using non-magnetic header pins (although this only affects the accuracy of data). For those with experience with the GPS projects and HMC5883L compass, I would appreciate your help.

Chris Ward

Apr 6, 2019, 9:58:19 PM4/6/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Daniel