Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 3:32:40 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi There,

I´m in progress building an app which contains a question sheet. When all questions are answered i would love to export a picture containing the given answers on top of a backgroundimage.
So far so good.
My problem is, when i export the image, the resolutioen of my backgroundimage is as it should be, but the quality has dropped extremly (so much that i cannot read the text on the backgroundimage). The text layered on top is perfect.
When i just put the image as an image (not on a canvas) it is shown properly whitout quality deficiencies.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Regards Matthias

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 3:37:19 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have tryed to save in both .jpg. and .png no noticable difference.

Italo

Apr 24, 2017, 3:47:58 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Did you try setting your project Screen1 to Sizing Responsive

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 3:51:12 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Yes, Screen 1 is set Responsive

The Canvas is an another screen though.

Italo

Apr 24, 2017, 3:59:24 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Post the original image and the image App Inventor saves from your canvas. Also post your blocks or aia file.

Taifun

Apr 24, 2017, 4:33:32 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
what is the image size (width and height) and what is the canvas size you are using?
Taifun

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 4:57:31 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Sorry for the delay sometimes the easyest tasks do trouble^^

Right now the app does change my resolution dont know why.

002.png input
2017_10_46_27_PMS2  output
225036 blocks
225255 canvas settings

@Taifun

Seems my picture is a bit overscaled, 3507x2550.  Its equal to a Din A4 @ 300 dpi
Could that be the issue? And if it is, how can I export a picture which will be printable on a Din A4 sheet? I could reduce the dpi I guess?

thanks so much
002.png
2017_10_46_27_PMS2_-_904[1].png
20170424_225036[1].jpg
20170424_225255[1].jpg

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 5:36:27 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Tryed to scale down to half, 1275x1754, but the result is the same. Seems like the background is being compressed in some way.

No other blocks are influencing the Canvas.

Italo

Apr 24, 2017, 6:39:18 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
As you can see, App Inventor 2 is not the right platform to do what you are trying to do mostly due to its limited graphics capabilities. You should explore different solutions, maybe involving an API to create a PDF or an html form in a webviewer.

Taifun

Apr 24, 2017, 7:15:43 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
after using the Canvas.SaveAs method, is the size of the image still 3507x2550?
the quality of the text you are writing using the DrawText method seems to be good...

Taifun

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 7:24:35 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I could draw the whole page, I just tryed to bee free from that. A drawing on the same sized canvas would be readable i think. But much work. I am far away from being able to make use of api´s or code in somthing other than this. I have looked at many app programming softwares but it seems nothing has the abilitys Appinventor at least not that easy to understand.

Thanks for answering anyways.

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 7:26:30 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I had it to do that once yes. Right now its upscaling somehow to 3825x5260.

Taifun

Apr 24, 2017, 7:35:51 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
you could try to write your texts onto a transparent png file using the Canvas and after that use the Overlay method from the image extension https://puravidaapps.com/image.php to merge both images. Precondition is, the size of both images is the same...

Taifun

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 24, 2017, 7:46:39 PM4/24/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I will try that Method tomorrow.

Thanks a lot.

Matthias Buhmann

Apr 25, 2017, 1:58:07 PM4/25/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Ok i have chosen to draw the whole thing. I find out its not that big of a task.

Thanks a lot for the help anyways.

Much love to the creators of this Software.