jasja

Apr 9, 2019, 4:05:05 AM4/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi guys,

my app (the .apk) can only be installed on Samsung phones and not on other devices (for example LGs).
Do you know any reason for that?

TimAI2

Apr 9, 2019, 5:09:04 AM4/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
More info please

Phone/Device model, Android versions

In the app: any extensions used, texting/phone blocks, any other special features of your app

Taifun

Apr 9, 2019, 8:31:38 AM4/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
what exactly happens on the other devices?
a logcat output might help to find out the issue...

I normally use Eclipse and Logcat there, but if you have installed the App Inventor Software (see also http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/setup-emulator.html), you already have everything you need to use logcat...

How to use Logcat
  1. connect your device using USB with your computer
  2. in File Manager go to the App Inventor directory, which is  C:\Program Files\App Inventor or similar
  3. press Shift and right mouse click the subdirectory commands-for-Appinventor to get the context menu
  4. select "open command window here" and you will get a command window of that subdirectory
  5. enter adb logcat *:E and the logcat will start running and log all errors
  6. start your app to elicit the error
  7. copy the log (see below)
To copy your log, right click, click "select all" and enter to copy the complete log into the clipboard, then open Notepad and paste it using ctrl-v.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

jasja

Apr 9, 2019, 8:51:27 AM4/9/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
For example on Huawei p20 lite Android Version 7.0. After clicking on the .apk it states "program to open is not available", or "app cannot be installed"
I use the textToSpeech, Speechrecognizer and Sharing extensions

thanks

Chris Ward

Apr 9, 2019, 4:13:46 PM4/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi jasja

Is your APK being downloaded from an established source such as Google Play or Amazon? If not, then you are installing an "unknown" App - some phone manufacturers have an option to be set to permit the installation of these.  Do your LG devices give a message of that ilk when you try to install?