404 Not Found

Apr 7, 2019, 1:59:21 AM4/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi everyone,i have a problem with my appplication.My application received data in string form(number value) and i want it to send a notifacation when the number that app receive is more than my fixed value.How can i compare string(number value) to my fixed value in conditional statement.
56359345_2240717106177963_7526301884064202752_n.jpg

TimAI2

Apr 7, 2019, 4:18:41 AM4/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Use the if/then block from the Control palette, and the Maths comparisons block
(use the mutator - little blue square, to change the = to an >)

If "stringVariable" > "fixedValue"

then notify (what kind of notification?)

404 Not Found

Apr 7, 2019, 7:23:14 AM4/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I used extension names seeyoulater.(https://community.appybuilder.com/t/new-improved-notification-extension/3900).Now,i try to make a condition statement that alert when the statement is true.I want it to notified in Notification Bar .Is this what you told?I had already tried but there was not word "warning" appear in dust density block which is what i want it to be.
30680.jpg
Capture.PNG

404 Not Found

Apr 7, 2019, 8:37:36 AM4/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
At this time,I test a condition by click at write button and it's work.Next,i will use if/then block to make notified on notification bar.Do you have any suggestion for my next step?Thank you so much.
Capture.PNG
56416862_278817346396282_7532353797926944768_n.png

TimAI2

Apr 7, 2019, 8:42:24 AM4/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Testing "Temperature.Text" with "Temperature.Text" will ALWAYS be TRUE

Test "Temperature.Text" with a variable you set, and as I said above use the blue Maths blocks to get the > comparison

http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/support/blocks/math.html#= (unfortunately the help does not show this as a mutator block, which it now is)

For the extension, you will need to ask for help on that forum, no guarantees it will work if compiled using AI2 native