Skultéti Balázs

May 7, 2019, 7:38:01 AM5/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Dear Developers,

is it possible to use PayU (https://www.payu.hu/en) in AppInventor? The Google Play Store is very expensive, I mean a developer has to pay 30% transaction fee and 20% tax in my country and it is a lot. I found the PayU Payment Service on the web and I would like to know it is possible to use PayU in AppInventor? If not, what else would You recommend to me?

Best Regards,
Balázs Skultéti

SteveJG

May 7, 2019, 8:25:33 AM5/7/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, you cannot use services like this within App Inventor.    You cannot use Ad Mobile either.

You might list your app on the Amazon App Store... their policy to provide services is different but probably similar to Google Play. or  consider one of these https://theappsolutions.com/blog/marketing/alternative-android-app-stores/

To use other services payment options, you might migrate to one of the third party app inventor like compilers designed for commercial app development.   Try one of these https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ai4a/ajG4Q6UrRR8 .     Which one?   You will have to do your own research.    Once you change development platforms, stay with the new one. Backward compatibility is probably not possible.

Sorry, there is no free lunch.   If you want to sell your app, you  pay a commission unless you sell yourself (see below).   If your app is popular and useful, paying the commission should be worth it.  Consider, you do not pay for your development software. Is it worth it?  Consider 60-70% profit is significantly better then 0 percent by not selling from a platform where your customers can find your app.

Alternatively, sell your app directly from your own Web site/server.   This process is complex.  It will cost you to maintain your server or host your WebPage. You will service the accounts., that uses your time.  Advertise somewhere that your app is available (a Web Page? - design and maintain the WebPage) , arrange your own payment software (or buy one to use on your Web page).  Collect and pay your taxes and ensure your app downloads properly to customers.  Do you really want to do all that?

Regards,
Steve