Inconsistency in dropdowns (ai2 special test release)

08m...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2014, 6:44:48 PM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Drop down menus such as in [label1].[text] don't have the same consistency (such as font and colour) as the block itself.

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 8:39:20 PM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, 08m...@gmail.com
What do you mean by this?  I'm confused.

These seem pretty consistent to me.  Why would a lable component block actually list colors?  You'd use a color block for that.

I don't see any difference between this and the production site software and it seems perfectly logical to me.

08m...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2014, 9:25:03 PM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, 08m...@gmail.com
When I was directed here I was asked to point out bugs and inconsistencies. The format of the dropdown isn't the same as the current ai2. I assumed that's what they meant by inconsistencies.
Also I preferred the other version. (The tick, width, x position, and colour border):

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 10:44:56 PM4/26/14
The only difference is that in the production version, there are divider lines in the menu and the border's a bit different.  That's a function of Blockly, which has changed.  MIT doesn't write Blockly, they just implement it.  That's the new look of Blockly.  Other than the dividers and border, they're identical in operation.

This test is not to add features or change anything that's not already implemented, nor are we looking for suggestions of things that people would like to see down the road.  It's just a test to make sure things are WORKING so that when it's released, people can work with their projects, there's no lagging, and things operate properly..  The look of Blockly has changed.  That doesn't affect the accuracy of the software, which is what we're testing for.   Please test COPIES of your existing projects to make sure they don't break.

Inconsistencies would be... "I set the timer.interval to 1500 but it's firing every 3/4 second," or "None of my images are aligned correctly on the test site in the Horizontal Arrangement, but they are in the production version," or "In my production project, I have a 20 item list, but for some reason, an element is getting dropped in the test version and I only have 19."

Here's the menu in the production system:

Here's the menu in the TEST system: