steveke

May 11, 2019, 1:52:48 PM5/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi together,

since today I have problems with taken Pictures by the camera in App Inventor.

Before today I could see the Picture automatically in the gallery of my phone.
Now in the details of the picture is no path to see and so it isn't to see in the gallery of my phone.
For Example see the pictures.

Apps, which are build before yesterday work fine, but when I build a new .apk with App Inventor and install the App on my phone it doesn't work correct.
Do only I have this problem or has somebody else the same problem?

Can this be related to yesterday's update?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Steve

20190511_183740.jpg
20190511_183758.jpg

TimAI2

May 11, 2019, 2:56:43 PM5/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Do you have an example aia project file we can test ?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

steveke

May 11, 2019, 3:32:47 PM5/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Tim,

here I have a simple Example to to test the problem.
Normally App Inventor created an folder named "Pictures" on the internal storage, but since yesterday it doesn't works.

TestCamera.aia

TimAI2

May 11, 2019, 4:05:34 PM5/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Agreed

With companion and compiled app they do not show in the gallery, even when using Taifun's Gallery refresh
The files are there (as seen in  the file manager) just not showing in the gallery

BodyMindPower

May 12, 2019, 6:20:13 AM5/12/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
The (new) Camera component no longer seems to produce metadata, therefore the images are no longer displayed in the gallery.

Anke

steveke

May 12, 2019, 7:37:34 AM5/12/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum