min aksan

May 9, 2019, 10:32:31 AM5/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hello guys, I'm quite new to MIT and have been working on a school FYP project. My project needs to built an app where I can access multiple locations data(latitude & longitude) from Firebase and point all the locations on maps with a traced route. Just like those kind of running apps where you can see the route that you have taken. I just want to know if it's possible by using this platform?

SteveJG

May 9, 2019, 11:11:50 AM5/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Certainly something similar to what you want to do plotting a route is possible.

Use the WebViewer and the Google Static Map API to plot the route using            https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/maps-static/intro#quick_example  and  https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/maps-static/dev-guide  (which shows how to use Path Points to plot a trak).

or

Use the MIT Map component  as shown in the National Park tutorial to plot multiple locations at run time and use the LineString to plot a trak.

App Inventor 2 developers use the FirebaseDB experimental control to store and download from Tags; these can be used to populate locations etc. on either a Google Static Map (which uses Google Map map tiles to display)  or the Map component (which uses OpenStreetMap map tiles to display).

Is this what you wanted to know?

Regards,
Steve