An image library?

Assigned to srl...@appinventor.mit.edu by steve....@gmail.com

BrandnameOra

Nov 17, 2019, 12:24:05 PM11/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hey folks,

I've looked far and wide and haven't found a usable alternative.

I'm in the middle of the animated Sprite tutorial and got stuck with the fact that I need an arrow image.

The library page on the appinventor.org had those 4 direction showing arrows, but not anymore.

So, could you please help me, is there some other library that I could use at this point?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

TimAI2

Nov 17, 2019, 2:05:40 PM11/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Search google images "arrow icons"
Ensure that they are free to use

TimAI2

Nov 17, 2019, 2:06:04 PM11/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Or search google for materials icons

SteveJG

Nov 17, 2019, 2:12:26 PM11/17/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Sorry.  The image library at https://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/media-library is broken.

Animating Sprites

Down Arrow

Up Arrow

Right
Arrow

Left Arrow

  I asked MIT to fix this. Please try the media-library again tomorrow or the next day.

Until then, please try the attached 'home made' images I made with Paint and enjoy your programming.

Regards,
Steve

down.png
left.png
right.png
up.png

BrandnameOra

Nov 17, 2019, 4:07:18 PM11/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hey Tim and Steve

How great it is to hear from you.
I went and Googled it and got those from the icons8.com

I am now happy to tell you that I have a proper animated app, that has an arrow first going down, and as I push the button it goes back up.

I am yet to understand what I did to make it first go down, but at least I have the button to make it go up again.

My own first reaction was trying that there ought to be a button to make it return, but I don't know how to do that just yet.

Well, tomorrow I will have time to get back to the course in a box.
I tell you, it's been highly motivating to me today to Know how to move an arrow now.

I'm super tired, so I'll get to bed now.
See you perhaps tomorrow

Susan Lane

Nov 21, 2019, 1:32:52 PM11/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum