How can I uninstall App Inventor in MacOS High Sierra v10.13?

Assigned to ewpa...@gmail.com by steve....@gmail.com

Mahias

Oct 15, 2017, 3:55:47 PM10/15/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,

Please, how can I uninstall App Inventor in MacOS High Sierra v10.13?

Atte,
Eduardo

SteveJG

Oct 15, 2017, 4:33:55 PM10/15/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If you want to uninstall High Sierra see these threads  https://www.google.com/search?q=uninstall+high+sierra+..+revert+os&oq=uninstall+high+sierra+..+revert+os&aqs=chrome..69i57.9647j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Not a Mac user.  App Inventor is not installed on your Mac.   It operates in the Cloud.  If you use the emulator or USB option, then you at sometime installed aiStarter on your computer.  Do you want
to remove that?   or the emulator.   I have no advice for that...  a Mac user on this Forum should respond and help if you can clarify exactly what you want to do Eduardo.

The question has also been flagged to MIT.

Regards,
Steve

Evan Patton

Oct 15, 2017, 4:52:15 PM10/15/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Mahias,

To remove aiStarter on Mac OS X, you can do the following:

1. Open Finder and browse to Applications. There will be a folder called AppInventor.
2. Move the AppInventor folder to the Trash. You may need to provide your password to authorize this.
3. Press Cmd+Shift+G to open the "Go to the folder" dialog. Enter /Library/LaunchAgents/
4. If there is a file called edu.mit.appinventor.aiStarter.plist, move it to the Trash as well.

After deleting the files above, you should restart your computer.

Evan

Mahias

Oct 15, 2017, 9:42:58 PM10/15/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi, Evan Patton.

Thank you very much, for the information delivered. The suggested instructions have helped me to uninstall the emulator for the App Inventor application.

I also take this opportunity to thank SteveJG for the information provided.

Best regards,
Eduardo