Lam Henry

May 13, 2019, 2:47:50 AM5/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
It would be helpful in programming If we can use copy and paste in app inventor. It is very troublesome to re-enter each item. Is there any quicker way?

Chris Ward

May 13, 2019, 6:08:25 AM5/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Lam - can you be more specific about what you would like to copy and paste?

Lam Henry

May 14, 2019, 4:50:11 AM5/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
for example, I made 4 tables with 2 columns and 12 rows. That means there are totally 96 contents, Each time I have to set the width and height of each content. Can I set one content, width = 100 pixels and height = 100 pixels. Then I copy it and paste it to the table.
x3.jpg

Chris Ward

May 14, 2019, 8:36:42 AM5/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi

Wow - that is a mighty big table!

Certainly, being able to duplicate components would be very good - MIT have in fact experimented, so it should find it's way into a future release.

Are you sure that table layout, and all those buttons, is the best solution? I think you may have a claim to a World Record for number of buttons used but your App might not be very responsive, or ergonomic.

ABG

May 14, 2019, 1:03:50 PM5/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
See this sample for how to use the Any blocks
and the component blocks to spread common attributes
across lists of components ...

ABG