Can I have two seperate apps (Teacher and Student versions) Using the same TinywebDB?

Isaac Brewster

Dec 11, 2019, 10:13:31 AM12/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
So i made an app that has two versions, (Teacher/Student) The purpose of this app is to allow students to send questions to a teacher of choice. Heres what i have so far.  '
 The photos highlighted in red are app2. The problem is that app2 seems to be unable to access app1 data, as nothing happens when i click the button.

TimAI2

Dec 11, 2019, 10:54:23 AM12/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Try setting TeacherSpinner.Elements  instead of TeacherSpinner.Selection

TimAI2

Dec 11, 2019, 11:47:34 AM12/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
To answer your question, yes, if you are using the same service url for the tinywebdb.

You seem to be setting/using the spinners in a strange way ?

ABG

Dec 11, 2019, 12:56:02 PM12/11/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
In the student Ask screen, I do not see any place
you are loading the global questions list from TinyWebDB
before adding a new question onto this studen't's empty question
list and dropping it into the central TinyWebDB questions list.

That would result in each student wiping each other student's questions
when they post a question.

Also, there is a triple 'or' expression with the same test
repeated 3 times.

ABG

ABG