Why Taifun Wifi Extension Automatically Connects after Disconnection?

Mainul Hasan Alin

Apr 1, 2019, 1:50:26 AM4/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am testing with the Example wifi test aia file provided by taifun at https://puravidaapps.com/wifi.php
After providing ssid and password, it connects fine, but when i hit the disconnect button it disconnects for a second then reconnects again on its own. Does android save all the wifi password provided through an app? Is it possible to have only my wifi app have full control over the connection and disconnection and saving of password or not?

Taifun

Apr 1, 2019, 4:15:56 PM4/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
your device will automatically connect to a known network
see also the notes from the documentation https://puravidaapps.com/wifi.php
Note: after disconnecting the device might reconnect automatically to the next available known network.
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Mainul Hasan Alin

Apr 1, 2019, 10:59:08 PM4/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Is there a way to make the network not known? I mean is it possible to develop a security mechanism through which only the app will know the password and will be able to connect and disconnect?