Creating a tinywebdb server - useful information

Ricardo Joseh Lima

Apr 24, 2018, 8:49:50 PM4/24/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi all,

  I have seen some posts on how Google changed its App Engine Launcher and the problems and conflicts that it has brought to the FAQ, guides, etc. that we know to run a tinywebdb server. I have experienced some problems too but here are two informations that may be useful for those interested on the issue:

1-) when in the app engine launcher site the file for installing it is not visible. only after choosing python and browsing the page down we see an option to install the older version, that we want, for it is in the FAQ, guides, etc.

2-) once in the app engine, an error occur on going to localhost:8080 and when I read the log I noticed that there is a line in the file main.py which is stored in that zipped file that we unzipped and became a folder that is outdated. It is the one that contains from django.utils...... this line should be only import json
you can edit the main.py file by right cliking on it and then choosing edit with IDLE.

Best,
Ricardo

Abraham Getzler

Apr 24, 2018, 10:26:50 PM4/24/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Ricardo Joseh Lima

Apr 25, 2018, 9:29:10 AM4/25/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Oh, sure, nice!

Here is the url where the person will find the old app:
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/download and down on the page is "Download and install the original App Engine SDK for Python."

Abraham Getzler

Apr 25, 2018, 10:26:49 AM4/25/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum