The Future

Apr 25, 2019, 10:12:25 PM4/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
On the actual project screen it shows the sprite in different location. However when I connect my phone or tablet it shows the sprite in the top left corner and it doesn't move or anything unless I just completely remove the sprite. I don't exactly know why it's doing this and how to fix. Plz Help

SteveJG

Apr 26, 2019, 8:23:53 AM4/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Have you read this article about how to use Sprites  Chapter 17. Creating Animated Apps

Without a post of your Block image here in the Forum it is difficult to give you specific advice.   Part of your issue may be:

How you set ScreenSizing.  Are you using Fixed or Responsive
How you set the height and width of the Canvas component
Whether you wrote code to display the Canvas differently on different Android screen sizes.
How you set the Sprite x,y coordinates in your Designer, it is usually best to set the location of the Sprite using Blocks.
How large an image do you assign to the Sprite.   If your Sprite image is large compared to the dimensions of the Canvas you will have issues. What are the dimensions of the Sprite ( h x w in pixels)?  What is the size you
expect to display your Sprite (h x w)?

Do you see the potential problems?

Regards,
Steve