Notifier seems to have problems in the Emulator

rinter...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 10:08:59 PM4/25/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
ShowAlert and ShowTextDialog both give an error when activated in a Button1.Click event.  Seems like there may be a package wired up incorrectly.  The error text is:

invoke: no method named `ShowAlert' in class java.lang.Boolean
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.

invoke: no method named `ShowTextDialog' in class java.lang.Boolean
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 12:57:58 AM4/26/14
Are you using the current version of AI or the special test site?  (http://ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu)

This is working for me in both the production version...  (http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu) and the special test site.

What is the version number on your MIT AI2 Companion?

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 3:50:36 AM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
He responded that his Companion version was 2.15 so I suggested that he do a hard reset from the Connect menu and force an update to 2.17. Waiting to find out if that fixed his issue with the Notifier.

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 11:12:24 AM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
As I said, I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Please post your AIA file HERE, NOT BY EMAIL, so we can take a look and see if we can reproduce it using YOUR code.

I have tried this in both Firefox and Chrome, in both the Special Test and the regular production "Beta" site, and can't get it to happen.

Rich wrote:

Enis,

I have updated the Emulator to 2.17ai2zx1 and am still getting the error. :*(

Inline image 2

It is coming from (methinks) the ClickEvent of a button.  Here are the blocks:
Inline image 3

What is more, if I replace the Notifier1.AfterTextInput block with an Alert, I still see the problem.  This is the same behavior I was getting with AIEmulator v.2.15.
Inline image 4

Inline image 1

Rich Interdonato

Apr 26, 2014, 11:45:46 AM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I have updated the Emulator to 2.17ai2zx1 and am still getting the error. :*(

Inline image 2

It is coming from (methinks) the ClickEvent of a button.  Here are the blocks:
Inline image 3

What is more, if I replace the Notifier1.AfterTextInput block with an Alert, I still see the problem.  This is the same behavior I was getting with AIEmulator v.2.15.
Inline image 4

I have tried this on both the ai2-test and ai2 sites.  The emulator version is apparently correct.

Inline image 1

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Enis Moran <shadow...@gmail.com> wrote:
Then, please come back to the FORUM and let me know there... That was I can close the issue after you try the test again...

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Enis Moran <shadow...@gmail.com> wrote:
That's your problem Rick... It SHOULD be 2.17...

Do a Hard Reset from the connection menu and follow the instructions exactly...  It'll reset the Companion to 2.11, and then force a query on the screen to upgrade the companion... Like I said, follow the instructions exactly...

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Rich Interdonato <rinter...@gmail.com>wrote:
Looks like 2.15ai2zx1

Inline image 1

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Enis Moran <shadow...@gmail.com>wrote:
When the Companion loads, there'll be a gray screen while it's waiting for the blocks... It'll say the version number there...

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Rich Interdonato<rinter...@gmail.com> wrote:

How do I tell the emulator version?

On Apr 25, 2014 10:07 PM, "Enis Moran" <shadow...@gmail.com> wrote:

What's the companion version on your emulator?  I can't reproduce this on either site!

On Apr 26, 2014 12:04 AM, "Rich Interdonato" <rinter...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ai-test. I made the app on ai-test and saw the problem with the emulator and the notifier. It did not show up with the companion. Then I imported the aia file into the production version of ai2 and the problem persisted.

This is working for me in the production version... (http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu)

--
Rich Interdonato

--
Rich Interdonato
Share

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 12:34:58 PM4/26/14
RICH...PLEASE POST YOUR AIA FILE HERE SO WE CAN TAKE A LOOK!  JUST ATTACH IT TO YOUR NEXT REPLY.

Rich Interdonato

Apr 26, 2014, 1:03:52 PM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
here is the app.

On Friday, April 25, 2014 8:08:59 PM UTC-6, Rich Interdonato wrote:
TalkingPrescriptions.aia

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 1:36:21 PM4/26/14
Hi Rich...

OK, so I loaded your AIA into both, but it appears you saved this file in the TEST iteration, and that's NOT compatible with the production iteration right now (please see the extensive release notes in the opening screen).  When I tried to open it in the production system, I got an immediate warning that it was saved with a different version of AI.

I had to remove the nearfield component because I'm testing on the emulator, and it couldn't find the device.

In the TEST version, I got NO messages... See the attached video.

I DID get the error in the production system because as I mentioned above, the two aren't compatible...  You need to work on TWO versions of your project with the two different versions of AI...

Watch the video... you'll see it works fine.  There could be problems with your nearfield implementation though...  I don't know how to test that here...
rich.wmv

Rich Interdonato

Enis

Apr 26, 2014, 4:58:59 PM4/26/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Rich... You posted the same file.  You must have overwritten your production AIA file with the project you saved in the test version.  If that's the case, you won't be able to use that project until the test version becomes the production version.

Enis

Apr 30, 2014, 10:10:23 PM4/30/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
No response... Closing the issue...