My App Inventor APK dot ask memory and GPS permissions automatically

CLIENTE 2000

Mar 4, 2019, 8:19:14 AM3/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hola/hi !

Mi APK generado en app inventor funcionaba perfecto hasta el 28/02/2019.

Mi aplicación requiere permisos para utilizar la camara, memoria y GPS. Antes de febrero 28, estos permisos me eran pedidos durante la instalación del APK asi que los usuarios no tenian problema al hacer uso de esos permisos cuando trabajan con la app.

Actualmente, los permisos para memoria y GPS (excepto el de la camara) ya no me son pedidos durante la instalación de modo que los usuarios tienen que ir a cnfiguracion-permisos de aplicaciones y otorgar dichos permisos de forma manual.

Aprecio cualquier comentario.

I have an app inventor APK that worked perfect before 28/02/2019.

My aplications requieres permisions to access the camera, memory and GPS.  After the 28 february this permisions where asked during the APK installation and, by the time the user must use those permissions when working with the app they dont used to have any problem.
Now, memory and GPS (excluded camera) premissions are not asekd in the installation process so my users must go to the cell phone configurations-applications permisions and the give the memory and gps permissions to my app.

I apreciate any comment.

Saludos/regards

Taifun

Mar 5, 2019, 11:30:55 AM3/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
you might want to use the AskForPermission block from the screen drawer

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

ayaan gupta

Mar 7, 2019, 8:10:03 AM3/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
yes, facing same issue with my APP too. I am already using Taifun provided solution of file by file fetch download on first run of APP. But it is only helping me to get an error message about permission not granted.

Not all users will be able to modify permission setting on there own and hence the apk itself should ask for permission while installation.

Any ideas will be grateful.
Thanks

Taifun

Mar 7, 2019, 5:14:49 PM3/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
it does not look like you read my previous answer in this thread
Taifun

ayaan gupta

Mar 8, 2019, 12:41:18 AM3/8/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Yes I did, but did not understood at first. But eventually i solved the riddle.
Thanks for your Help .
TC

Evan Patton

Mar 8, 2019, 3:20:46 PM3/8/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
The app should request the permission at the time it is first needed. So in the case of files, that will happen the first time you read or write a file to the external storage. For GPS, it will be when you enable a LocationSensor component in the app. For camera, it will be when you first request a picture. If you're not seeing the prompt, then either there is a bug in App Inventor, or you haven't actually triggered something that needs the permission.

Regards,
Evan