黃祥恩

Aug 22, 2019, 2:17:43 AM8/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello everyone, I need help--

I need connect USB joystick to smart phone. When smart phone receive joystick's signal. Send the message to PLC by Wifi.

I am success to send message to PLC,but I don't understand how to receive signal of USB joystick.(I need real joyscitk to control, not virtual)

I've searched website, than I found the youtube film:(cilck here)   But I can't find the related resources.

Please help me, give me the example or resource.(.aia .aix), or tell me how to connect USB joystick.

IMAG1594.jpg

TimAI2

Aug 22, 2019, 3:24:23 AM8/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Chris Ward

Aug 22, 2019, 7:23:44 AM8/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello 黃祥恩

The video uses the earliest version of App Inventor 2, with an extension of some form from FIRST Tech Challenge.

FIRST Tech Challenge You Tube site: https://www.youtube.com/user/FIRSTTechChallenge/videos  a lot of stuff going on their.

1) We need to know what is the goal of your App Inventor App - what is it going to do?  Control a Robot?

2) The Joy Stick - is it an FTC Game Pad? If not, tell us what it is, with a link to the manufacturer's website for technical details.

黃祥恩

Aug 26, 2019, 7:48:04 PM8/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Chris Ward:

1) We need to know what is the goal of your App Inventor App - what is it going to do? Control a Robot?

A: I have a old machine, it's controller is not work good. I wish replace it by plc<--wifi-->smart phone<--cable or bluetooth-->joystick.

Smart phone is good choices because of its weight, battery time, and have a screen to show some information of plc.

2) The Joy Stick - is it an FTC Game Pad? If not, tell us what it is, with a link to the manufacturer's website for technical details.

A: No it's not FTC Game Pad. It's manufacturer's show below:
http://www.sun-yes.com.tw/portal_c1_cnt_page.php?owner_num=c1_18475&button_num=c1&folder_id=4131&cnt_id=24828&search_field=&search_word=&search_field2=&search_word2=&search_field3=&search_word3=&bool1=&bool2=&search_type=1&up_page=2

I also consider connect joystick and smart phone by Bluetooth. But the USB method is the most expensive way.

I found another way to use USB joystick.
I created a apk with some buttons. And use joystick's app connect to joystick. Then mapping joystick's buttons to this buttons of my app. So I don't need to process USB joysticks' communication.

It's also work by Bluetooth joystick.

But In this way,I should keep my screen always on.