Getting all the information out of a contacts list for full vCard

gerrikoio

May 21, 2019, 3:02:11 PM5/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
As many of you know, the vCard format has been around for a good while now... I searched the forum and last mention was back in 2016.

I am looking to use this format but I see that only a subset of the contacts list details is provided via the component Social: ContactPicker.

I've done a quick search online and I cannot find any other extensions which would expose all the fields available within the phone's Contacts editor.

Particular fields I am after is "Notes" and "Relationship".

If nothing is available where would I find the open-source code on github, should I wish to clone and create my own Contacts list picker, for example.

Are there any other options available. Any tips gladly accepted.

Thanks.

Colin (Gerrikoio)

Chris Ward

May 21, 2019, 3:30:53 PM5/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hi Colin

Download the App Inventor source code:

Navigate the folders to:

~mit-cml-appinventor-sources-9b4ae78\appinventor\components\src\com\google\appinventor\components\runtime

In there you will find

ContactPicker.java

gerrikoio

May 22, 2019, 3:47:37 AM5/22/19