javi...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2014, 2:19:13 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have done a program for my phone, a program to learn vocabulary. With this program I have to add the vocabulary to a TinyDB and then the program will select the vocabulary to show me.

My Issue Is (Enter your issue below):
How can I find a TinyDB in my phone?
Is there a way to fill of modify this DB with my computer?
Can I export or import the DB?

I have already looked after this created "TinyDB" by my program in the phone but I can´t find it anywhere... maybe the name is modified or it is stored under a DB path...

Thank you for the help!!

Are you Working Under Windows or a Mac or other?

Windows version:      7

What Internet Browser are you using?   Firefox version:     27.01

Which version of AppInventor are you using?
    MIT AI 2:

How are you testing your app?

      Phone , Model & Android Version:    Huawei Ascend 4.1.1

          Connection type: WiFi

Are you a Teacher or a Student Using App Inventor in Your School? None, I do programs by my self

Taifun

Mar 7, 2014, 2:40:32 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, javi...@gmail.com
How can I find a TinyDB in my phone?
you can't find it, it is inside the app

Is there a way to fill of modify this DB with my computer?
Can I export or import the DB?

Are you a Teacher or a Student Using App Inventor in Your School? None, I do programs by my self

why did you select the category "student to teacher" then?
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Hal Abelson

Mar 8, 2014, 10:45:17 PM3/8/14
TinyDB doesn't sit as an file in the phone.  It uses Android "preferences" to create a key,value table.   I think Taifun's method is giving the best advice here.

javi...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 3:52:27 PM3/12/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, javi...@gmail.com
How can it be!!!

I thought that a DB was also made for giving information to others... importing, exporting... I am not a programmer, so maybe I am missing basic concept

Jos Flores

Mar 12, 2014, 3:57:45 PM3/12/14
to javi...@gmail.com, mitappinventortest
There are different kinds of DBs. This one is local to your app. In Android you can have a Content Provider that allows to share data with other apps, but that's not the case for tinyDB.

So there are different solutions for different problems.

cheers,
José

Abraham Getzler

Mar 12, 2014, 9:33:57 PM3/12/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, javi...@gmail.com
No one said database, just db.
You're right, it would be presumptious to call itself a full fledged database as the rest of us know it.
We humor the name because it includes the word Tiny, which sums it up well.
The simplicity of TinyDB is its best feature.
ABG