How to bypass Chrome Block of .AIA Downloads

ABG

Mar 17, 2019, 2:24:13 PM3/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
How to bypass Chrome Block of .AIA Downloads

Courtesy of @SteveJG ...

 Here’s how to restore and use the blocked file:
  1. Open Chrome.
  2. Press Ctrl + J to open Downloads.
  3. Right-click on the blocked file and choose “Recover malicious file“.
ABG
Ctrl J Downloads List.PNG
Confirm Keep Dangerous Download.PNG
Finally accepted and downloaded.PNG
Chrome blocking message.PNG

ABG

Mar 17, 2019, 2:37:22 PM3/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

TimAI2

Mar 17, 2019, 4:14:57 PM3/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
FWIW

I use a chrome extension Chrono Download Manager

and although currently I am not afflicted with this latest blight
Chrono Download Manager does alert when downloading an executable like an exe or apk file
and offers the option to deny or proceed. Might do the same with aia files ?

TimAI2

Mar 18, 2019, 7:03:35 PM3/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Still downloading aia files OK here

Chromium
Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)