Paulo Cortes

Mar 6, 2019, 9:32:53 PM3/6/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,

I am developing an application, using AppInventor, that needs to access SMS (read and write).
Until some weeks ago, it was working correctly.
After my last update (of my application), the android permission from SMS is not more available.
I can´t get the permission after the app is installed.
What can I do ?
Thanks
.

Evan Patton

Mar 8, 2019, 1:33:00 PM3/8/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Paulo,

If you want to directly send/receive SMS, you need to use the SendMessageDirect block instead of SendMessage. If you want to test, you will need to install the companion using the QR code provided under Help > Companion Information in the App Inventor interface. Google no longer allows us to publish a companion via the Play Store that has these permissions, so we've provided this as a workaround to individuals such as yourself who need access to this functionality.

Regards,
Evan

Paulo Cortes

Mar 13, 2019, 9:04:38 PM3/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks Evan.
It is working now.

Paulo Cortes

Mar 13, 2019, 9:27:33 PM3/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
The SMS send is ok now. But, when I receive a SMS, the app is not seeing it (block MessageReceived).
Do you have any suggestion ?
Thanks

Evan Patton

Mar 14, 2019, 10:10:16 AM3/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Paulo,

We changed the default value for ReceivingEnabled when we put out the release to address the Google permissions limitation. Make sure that ReceivingEnabled is set appropriately and that you are using the companion with the additional texting & phone call permissions from the App Inventor website.

Regards,
Evan