Kufre Otung

Apr 23, 2019, 9:16:19 AM4/23/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi, I have created an app that allows me to fill in data(numerical) into the "Cost of drinks" and "Cost of Food" fields and when the user click "Total" button,
this sums up the inputs for both "Cost of drinks" and "Cost of food".
What I will like is that everytime I click "SUMMARY" button, the "DRINKS SUMMARY TEXTBOX" should add up all previous inputs and current inputs for "Cost of Drinks"
and also display the result.
Usingg this example to further illustrate what I want, I enter 1, 2 and 3 as different inputs at different times for "Cost of drinks", when I click the "Summary" button on entry the first input(i.e 1 in this case),  "DRINKS SUMMARY TEXTBOX" displays 1 .

when I click the "Summary" button on entry the of the second input(i.e 2 in this case), "DRINKS SUMMARY TEXTBOX" displays 3 i.e (1 +2 )

when I click the "Summary" button on entry the of the third input(i.e 3 in this case), "DRINKS SUMMARY TEXTBOX" displays 6 i.e (1 +2 +3 )
Here is a screenshot of the code block
Please, find attached the .aia file(ScreenSuppDate is the screen for this code)

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-23 at 14.12.45.jpeg

This conversation is locked