Fernando Agrello

Mar 14, 2018, 12:04:41 AM3/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Create 2 projects. both get firebase component.
empty all projectbuckets in all projects so you can update them within the app.
save both.
reopen app inventor
when switching form one project to the other the second project will autocomplete the project bucket with the name of the first project.

This is annoying as i have to manually clear all projectbuckets from the application every time I compile.
Thanks
Fer

Great work with AI2!!

Farzeen Harunani

Mar 14, 2018, 10:35:38 AM3/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,
I'd highly recommend switching to CloudDB from FirebaseDB, as Firebase is liable to change without warning.
Farzeen

Farzeen Harunani

Mar 14, 2018, 11:38:16 AM3/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Please reply in the forum and not as a personal email.
Farzeen

Fernando Agrello

Mar 14, 2018, 11:42:54 AM3/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
sorry I replied on the cellphone.
Here it goes.

Is Clouddb as Firebase with tags and child tags? (im new to this and dont actually know the name :)).
i will look into some tutorials.
Also is it free as well?

I have some users using my app, is there an easy way to migrate from firebase to cloud?
Can i also use something like projectbuckets but assigning them dinamically within the app like firebase?

Many thanks

Francisco Ferreira de Campos

Mar 14, 2018, 4:55:59 PM3/14/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Farzeen,

I have read about CloudDB but I did not understand it entirely.
Do I need my own server to install the CloudDB software or does it work similar to Firebase where I go to a specific site (Firebase Console) and create a project?
If I need my own server, do you have some recommendation about where would be possible to host CloudDB?

Thank you for your attention!

Francisco

Fernando Agrello

Mar 15, 2018, 7:35:24 PM3/15/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I analized both and I rather keep using firebase.
So can anyone tell me if this bug is going to be fixed soon? or it is something I can do to prevent this on my side?
Thanks

Farzeen Harunani

Mar 19, 2018, 3:35:44 PM3/19/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Sorry about the delay!
Francisco - no setup required. Drag in the component and it just works. You don't need to create an external project or anything.
Fernando - I don't know of a way to automatically get the data from Firebase into CloudDB. You could do so via an App Inventor project, though. If you want to keep using Firebase, that's totally fine, but I'm not able to help on any bugs you're having that are Firebase-specific, such as the one you're experiencing.
Thanks,
Farzeen