jayneesh

Mar 20, 2019, 3:23:39 PM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

I was trying to make a simpke music  player app which can read song files stored in my internal storage and play them. But i cannot find how to read files from internal storage. Do we need to use some extensions(if yes, are there any already made up which i can directly use) or can it be done directly??

TimAI2

Mar 20, 2019, 3:51:25 PM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This just might be what you are looking for:

BodyMindPower

Mar 22, 2019, 8:38:19 AM3/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
There are many misconceptions about the terms Internal Storage and External Storage. Here is a very good overview on this topic:
https://www.dev2qa.com/android-read-write-external-storage-file-example/.

Read this first and then come back with your question.

Anke

PS: Normally, audio / music files should be included in the assets. Then you can play them without any permissions.