Christoffel

Apr 12, 2019, 7:24:28 AM4/12/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi

I'm trying to view an IP camera with MIT app Inventor Web Viewer.
I can connect to the camera and view the camera Login page, but when I try to login it require ActiveX.
If I use Internet Explorer on my PC with ActiveX plugins it work perfect.

How do I add ActiveX Controls to MIT Web Viewer?

Regards

Chris Ward

Apr 12, 2019, 7:57:24 AM4/12/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi

ActiveX is for all intents and purposes, Windows OS only and Microsoft support it for Internet Explorer, up to version 11 (way out of date, IE is considered to be insecure). ActiveX is old, goes back to 1996 :)

MIT Web Viewer is Google's Android Viewer, which is not a "full blown" Browser anyway, but if the IP Camera requires ActiveX, you are out of luck.

SteveJG

Apr 12, 2019, 8:36:24 AM4/12/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
To clarify Chris' comment, ActiveX is meant for running software components within windows and as a plug in for Internet Explorer and possibly Edge. ActiveX is a proprietary Microsoft Technology.ActiveX is not available on Android devices. It cannot work with the WebViewer  (it is not possible to have any plug ins for the WV let alone an ActiveX plug in).

Regards,
Steve