plain webiste app. How do I block it?

Steven Rozier

Nov 1, 2017, 1:00:57 PM11/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello, I created a simple app. 1 screen with a webviewer So people can go to my website.  For the life of me I cannot figure out the blocking so I can download the APK to my computer. I realize this is a very simple task but it's not simple for me.

Nico Marikucza

Nov 1, 2017, 1:10:20 PM11/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
What do you mean?
  • Is the Qr-Code Building blocked?
  • Or is the apk file Building blocked?
Nico

Taifun

Nov 1, 2017, 2:04:51 PM11/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Sharing Your App
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Steven Rozier

Nov 1, 2017, 4:08:44 PM11/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I get

"App Inventor is unable to compile this project
The compiler error output was
_______Preparing application icon"

the )% and a dismiss button

Steven Rozier

Nov 1, 2017, 4:26:38 PM11/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This is what I'm working on. Very simple. More or less a link. The blocking part has me stumbled. The 3rd photo is the error I get when I attempt to save the APK to my computer.
20171101_131312.jpg
20171101_131437.jpg
20171101_130523.jpg

Taifun

Nov 1, 2017, 6:14:29 PM11/1/17
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
for the icon use a reasonable sized image in jpg or png format, for example 96 x 96 px
Taifun

Steven Rozier

Nov 1, 2017, 6:41:25 PM11/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Is it a problem due to my icon?

SteveJG

Nov 1, 2017, 7:14:05 PM11/1/17
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
The error message mentions the Project icon (which should ordinarily be a png or jpg image 48x48 or 96x96 pixels in size).  If you changed the default icon and the replacement icon you use is larger than 96x96, your app will crash.
So, without seeing all your blocks, a very astute guess is the icon is the issue based on the error message you posted.

Why not just shrink your existing icon as recommended by Taifun or revert to the default icon and try running the Project?   If it runs (and certainly it has a great chance of running), your problem is solved.  If not, something else is wrong in addition to using a large App icon.

Regards,
Steve

Steven Rozier

Nov 1, 2017, 7:56:57 PM11/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks. My error was Icon size. Now I'm learning more. stand by for more questions.