video surveillance

massimiliano comunale

May 19, 2019, 6:04:40 AM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello everyone
I would like to create my own app to view my cameras that I have installed at home, but since they are all set with passwords, could you kindly tell me how to do it when I open a camera and give the password automatically without having to enter it?
Let's say that I saved the password in TinyDB and extract it from there how do I insert it to make it recognize the camera?
I hope I was the clearest possible.
I thank everyone for the help.

Peter Mathijssen

May 19, 2019, 6:23:48 AM5/19/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
How does the url look like that you have to use? For instance when you view from your browser.

Sometimes it looks like this:

If this works in your browser on your pc you can also use this url in a webviewer.

massimiliano comunale

May 19, 2019, 8:08:53 AM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks so much for your reply.
I only enter IP address and http:
192.168.1.16:80
It is when I do it says more that it is protected by username and password.
In the address bar I never noticed but it seems to me that the link you mentioned does not appear.

Peter Mathijssen

May 19, 2019, 11:44:23 AM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Your ip address is local so within your own network. Didn't you get information how to access it from the outside?

You can test it within your own network with

http://username:pass...@192.168.1.16:80 where you put your username and password in the right places.

massimiliano comunale

May 19, 2019, 12:26:33 PM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
That is, instead of username, should I put the username and password instead of the password?

Peter Mathijssen

May 19, 2019, 12:40:02 PM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Yes.

massimiliano comunale

May 19, 2019, 12:44:18 PM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You are really kind in helping me, I will try as you suggested,
I have to ask you one last thing, is there any way that when you open the app you can find the router's external IP?
Because if the line falls then the IP changes and the ipcamera is no longer reachable

Peter Mathijssen

May 19, 2019, 1:07:58 PM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
what is the name and model of the ip camera you have? i don't know how it works from the outside. Is there something in the documentation about that?

TimAI2

May 19, 2019, 1:27:09 PM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Sounds like you need to manage your dynamic dns

Something like this: https://www.noip.com

massimiliano comunale

May 19, 2019, 2:10:19 PM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
The brand is sv3c externally it works like all the others.
I already use an XMeye App to see the ipcamera and when the line falls and goes back up by itself it goes to get the cameras without me having to reset the ipcamera and I can't understand how it looks

massimiliano comunale

May 19, 2019, 2:14:21 PM5/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
TimAI2 I entered the ipcamera and I have all ddns disabled so I don't think it works with a ddns but now I would like to see in the NVR because the XMeye App connects with it but even on the NVR I never set the Ddns yet outside the home I grant ipcamera quietly

massimiliano comunale

May 21, 2019, 3:54:01 AM5/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks for the help given so far as you advised me I can enter but I would like to ask you one last thing.
Doing so I get the html page of the camera while I would like to see the video of the camera directly how can I do?

Peter Mathijssen

May 21, 2019, 2:07:09 PM5/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
How does the sourcecode of the webpage look. Can you post the html?

massimiliano comunale

May 22, 2019, 4:48:35 AM5/22/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Then going to the html page where I see the video of the camera and extrapolating the link of the video I have this:
rtmp: //192.168.1.100: xxxx / flash / 12: username: password

Carrying it both on VideoPlayer1 and on Web1 nothing I see nothing web1 gives me a page error

Instead if I link this to vlc I see the camera

Peter Mathijssen

May 22, 2019, 10:02:57 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I think the rtmp protocol is not something that is recognized by the webviewer of App Inventor. The webviewer is not a full browser.

massimiliano comunale

May 22, 2019, 10:14:04 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Ah ... And not even from the VideoPlayer?

ABG

May 22, 2019, 10:25:51 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Have you tried opening that URL with an Activity Starter?

Open the browser to a Web page

Use these activity starter properties to open a specific web page:

Action: android.intent.action.VIEW
DataUri: http://news.google.com

Maybe Android will recognize that
rtmp: //192.168.1.100: xxxx / flash / 12: username: password
in the DataUri ?

ABG

massimiliano comunale

May 22, 2019, 10:30:17 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Can you give me a visual example please because with activity starter I am not very practical

ABG

May 22, 2019, 10:32:53 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
For examples, see the Activity Starter section of FAQ
ABG

massimiliano comunale

May 22, 2019, 10:37:08 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
But in DataUri do I have to inherit the rtmp path?

ABG

May 22, 2019, 10:38:52 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I searched this board for rtmp, and got

The only person who came close to success was Peep Prants, and
he needed an add-on app to be present to service the Activity request.

ABG

massimiliano comunale

May 22, 2019, 10:42:03 AM5/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I guess the link is no longer effective because it doesn't open anything for me