ced285

Apr 30, 2019, 3:19:27 AM4/30/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello, I have searched the forums and use the "do it" to do several tests but nothing conclusive so far.

I want to export a list list in CSV (no problem at this level) but trying to put each item of a list in different columns.

The list in question is in this form (it is difficult for me to modify it upstream, I have already had enough trouble to get there ... and I would surely have to resume everything):

sortlist.png

When exporting CSV, I end up with all the list 1 in a cell, in the second line all the list 2 in a second cell etc:
For example

export1.png

I want to arrive at this formatting with a header cell so that the user can work on the csv spreadsheet.

export2.png

If you have a few minutes to give me, I'll be delighted.

Regards, Ced

TimAI2

Apr 30, 2019, 4:10:41 AM4/30/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Run Do It on your list to csv table table block, it should look like below

blocks formatcsv.png

Also check the import options for your spreadsheet program for csv files - it should give you a preview (or Google Sheets will just do it)

Or check that your list of lists really is a list of lists!

Because you are working in an AI2 derivative (Kodular?) you should really be asking for help on their support forums, as the blocks and results/outputs are possibly different

ced285

Apr 30, 2019, 7:45:21 AM4/30/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you TimAI2 for this quick response, always on top! Indeed the example comes from Kodular (there are a lot of interesting features for my project) but I have the clone of this application under AI2.

That's what I get, which differs from your example:

export3.png

"Or check that your list of lists really is a list of lists!">  How ?

TimAI2

Apr 30, 2019, 8:47:08 AM4/30/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
It looks like you are not forming your "end lists" correctly - e.g. it appears that "0001200 Equipe6 1 1" is a single list entry, not four items of a list

ced285

May 1, 2019, 2:46:57 AM5/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Is there a way around this problem?

In the case where the list would be correct, what is the procedure for distributing the items in the cells (A, B, C ...) and one item is present per line in the csv file?

regards Ced

TimAI2

May 1, 2019, 5:44:03 AM5/1/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I think we need to see the blocks you use to create the list and fix it there.

Of course it is possible, with text manipulation to convert it to a proper list, but better to do it in the first place

Right Click in Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image"
(use image editor to crop etc. if required)

In the forum, click on the image button to upload your blocks image