dropping wi-fi connection

Charles Gardner

Dec 6, 2019, 5:16:08 AM12/6/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
 I am using MIT App Inventor 2 on Firefox on HP laptop which works well in  all other respects and it does connect at first to the phone app (on  Google Pixel 3). But  after a small amount of time it gives me a  message of disconnection. And it can do this 4 or 5 times in succession all by itself. I have to reset it which makes the phone app exit.  And then i have to verify  a connection with a code again

TimAI2

Dec 7, 2019, 6:48:00 AM12/7/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
MIT are having a look at this issue to see if it is their end of things.

You can try ticking the Legacy box in Companion App before connecting to see if that helps

You can also try adding Taifuns Tools Extension and setting the KeepScreenOn block in Screen1.Initialise
(this WILL keep your screen on all the time, so ensure your device is plugged in to mains/usb power)

Please report back any success with these as we are still fault/fact finding on this one

Charles Gardner

Dec 8, 2019, 3:05:05 AM12/8/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
my phone was always on when it would be disconnecting