How to See CloudDB Images I recorded Before?

Techno Peace

May 5, 2019, 8:13:27 AM5/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hi,

I want to know which images I've recorded to Cloud DB. I obviously don't know which platform I use meant by Cloud DB. Cloud DB is Firebase Cloud DB? And, how can I choose a plan to record images or data as I want, much or less like a blaze plan in Firebase DB. Thanks for your attention.

Please help me.

SteveJG

May 5, 2019, 8:38:19 AM5/5/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

To find out what images you have stored on MIT's CloudDB , get a List of Tags.   All images are stored using a Tag, either as separate Tags or as items in a List stored as a Tag.

MIT's CloudDB is a Redis database maintained on MIT's server or your own Redis server.   It is a Cloud database.  Firebase is a Cloud database  (maintained on Google's server.).  Google's Blaze plan is described here https://firebase.google.com/pricing/?hl=vi .

The CloudDB  does not have pricing plans. It is free when you use the default option for experimentation or small databases.   If you are develop commercially using the MIT Cloud DB, you MUST use your own Redis database server. The cost is the cost of maintaining your own server or subscribing to a third party service for hosting your database. The server MIT uses gets overloaded with too many users occasionally and throws an error message.  Also, the server occasionally needs resetting and no one monitors the server 24/7 so it sometimes is not available (usually on weekends).  The free data base's popularity is a cause for overloading the service often..too many users sometimes.

The CloudDB component is nearly identical to  the FirebaseDB control in the way works. The CloudDB App Inventor 2 control works with a Redis server.
The default Redis server used with the component is maintained by MIT.  The default server is designed to be used by non-commercial Projects.  The sever frequently goes down, mainly on weekends. To gain reliability,  use your own Redis server for the CloudDB.   Search  the Web  for   Redis CloudDB    to get more information about the CloudDB   Here is how to set up the Redis server using a LINUX server:    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mitappinventortest/GPtZN2viC3E/Cna0GhAeEgAJ;context-place=searchin/mitappinventortest/redis$20server$20tim%7Csort:date   Use your own server and YOU control reliability.  If you are building commercial projects, please use your own Redis server, the default is not intended for large projects.

See these options for establishing your own server (either on your own equipment or hosted elsewhere)

Regards,
Steve