Images not packaging

DMitri Bailey

Feb 24, 2014, 9:49:15 AM2/24/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys

I've beem using App Inventor for a couple of day. My App is coming along nicely but halfway throught I ran into an issue.

I use the webviewer to add images co that larger images are scrollable. I point the url to the assest folder on SD card. it worked for the fisrt images but not for the others. When I package app and run on my phone it does not load images. I checked the assets folder on SD card and the image files are not there like they where never packaged.

Any suggestions

SteveJG

Feb 24, 2014, 10:16:18 AM2/24/14

Please post some blocks showing how you save/retrieve the images and perhaps someone here can help.

I think the issue is, the images are not being packaged with your app.  If you put the images into a list, I believe they will save with the app.

Did I state that correctly experts?

Regards,
Steve

DMitri Bailey

Feb 24, 2014, 10:24:44 AM2/24/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve

Thx for the reply

I found out what my issue was. I used
file:///mnt/sdcard/AppInventor/assets/whalestail.jpg

instead of

file:///android_asset/whalestail.jpg

this result in the image not being packaged

Taifun

Feb 24, 2014, 10:46:24 AM2/24/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
well, actually the image are "packaged" correctly, but you used the development path instead of the production path to the images

DMitri Bailey

Feb 24, 2014, 3:20:38 PM2/24/14

I do however have one screen in my app a webViewer that loads google maps but it take very long to load.

Any suggestions or is there a better way of doing it

See Screenshot of block

Taifun

Feb 24, 2014, 3:31:41 PM2/24/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
for new questions please start a new thread. thank you
Taifun