Paintpot app not working and tutorial problem

BrandnameOra

Nov 13, 2019, 7:02:03 AM11/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Okay,

I'm doing the Paintpot app and I know that I have problems.

First of all, I cant find a correct "Call DrawingCanvas.DrawCircle" block.

The tutorial wants a block with just the x,y and r slots.
I can only find a block with center X,Y, radius and fill slots.

The second problem is with the usage of the app.
I can take a picture, but after that the app gives me an error message that I need to close this app.

I will provide you the pictures of the situations.

Thank you for your assistance

1573646364864981334362.jpg

TimAI2

Nov 13, 2019, 7:14:17 AM11/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
  1. The fill property was added after the tutorial was written, just use it as required: true for filled circles, false for empty circles.
  2. You are trying to add an image to the backgroundColor property of the canvas, which is probably why your app closes. Use the correct backgroundImage property instead.
  3. If you right click on the blocks editor you can download an image of the blocks to post here, much easier for us to read than your phone camera shots.

BrandnameOra

Nov 13, 2019, 7:45:14 AM11/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
It still won't work.

I'm leaving for work now, but I didn't know about the backpack property before this.
And I need to take a look at it later.
Thanks for the heads up on this

Screenshot_20191113-143948.png
This conversation is locked