File .aab (Android app bundle) for Google Play (not .apk)

Assigned to ewpa...@gmail.com by chrisw...@gmail.com

Doraf

Aug 4, 2019, 8:01:15 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
When I publish, google send : "APK not optimized
Warning :

This APK creates unused code and resources that are sent to users. You could reduce the size of your application with the Android App Bundle format. Because you do not optimize your application for device configurations, it is larger than necessary for download and installation on users' devices. Large applications have lower installation rates and take up space on users' devices.

Resolution:

Use the Android App Bundle format to automatically optimize your app for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs."

HELP, how can I do an .aab file on MIT App Inventor 2 please ?

SteveJG

Aug 4, 2019, 8:19:12 AM8/4/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
You  can not build or use a bundle using App Inventor 2.   App Inventor 2 is ALREADY optimized using its own architecture.   The Bundle can only be created using Android Studio and possibly some other professional Android compilers.

Relax.   You cannot use Bundles if you use App Inventor.  They are not required to build and post an app to Google Play, meanwhile, please read the other discussions in the Forum about App Bundles  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mitappinventortest/app$20bundle%7Csort:date  and App Inventor.    If you really  want to use an App Bundle, consider developing using Android Studio.

Regards,
Steve

Chris Ward

Aug 4, 2019, 8:28:40 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Doraf

That's just Google being naughty - every single App uploaded gets that pop-up warning :)

It is any any case to do with Apps that have been coded on other platforms, App Inventor Apps do have some optimisation applied when the APK is built. Of course you should not have any redundant code or unused media in your APK - and Google thinks most APKs do. They are probably right, but their App Bundle format is not supported by App Inventor and does not need to be.

So, safe in the knowledge that you have applied good house keeping in your Project - "mean and lean", you can simply ignore the warning and continue to upload the App.

Doraf

Aug 4, 2019, 8:32:31 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
But it doesn't work !

Chris Ward

Aug 4, 2019, 8:47:00 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Doraf

It should work - give us more detail about "it doesn't work".

Doraf

Aug 4, 2019, 8:50:14 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Google want a .aab file ! It say "
Review these warnings before deploying this release. If you resolve the issues reported on this page, current users will be able to upgrade to the latest version of your application."

Chris Ward

Aug 4, 2019, 8:57:05 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
...there you go, just review, no action necessary. So you must read the warnings - they can probably detect activity.

blueoceans sh

Aug 4, 2019, 9:21:15 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
The problem faced by Doraf is exactly what I'm facing. We can't just ignore and proceed with the upload to Google play. The upload option simply doesn't present itself!

Chris Ward

Aug 4, 2019, 9:28:54 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
OK All

Assigned to MIT.

Chris Ward

Aug 4, 2019, 9:49:00 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Google's step-by-step guide to releasing an App Bundle or an APK:

blueoceans sh

Aug 4, 2019, 9:56:58 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks Chris😁

BodyMindPower

Aug 4, 2019, 10:43:58 AM8/4/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that everything else is done:

I made a test by uploading an new APK (nb178a) as an internal test track on the Developer Console and have no issues with updating / publishing.

PS: Is it about an update or a new app?

Peter Mathijssen

Aug 4, 2019, 11:46:39 AM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I was also able to upload an apk without a problem and just ignore the message. You have to fill in every piece of info Google wants. If you leave a piece out you can not publish. So every gray checkbox should be green like Anke showed.

blueoceans sh

Aug 4, 2019, 9:18:56 PM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Peter Mathijssen

Aug 4, 2019, 9:24:56 PM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Your pricing and distribution section isn't completed. You have to complete this so the checkbox gets green.

blueoceans sh

Aug 4, 2019, 9:27:10 PM8/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi guys,
I re-checked the Pricing & Distribution and ticked some additional boxes and the app has been uploaded without problem.

Thank u guys!

Doraf

Aug 5, 2019, 5:46:17 AM8/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you guys :D !

Italiano AI2

Jan 16, 2020, 11:14:48 AM1/16/20
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Mi dispiace ma non funziona. La pubblicazione si ferma all'immagine allegata e il bottone di continuazione non è attivato (oggi 16 gennaio 2020).
(ho cercato di pubblicare una semplice app gratis da 3MB)
aab.png

Taifun

Jan 16, 2020, 3:04:38 PM1/16/20
to MIT App Inventor Forum
PS: for new questions please use the new community here https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/, see also the announcement here
thank you

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! SnippetsTutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by  Taifun.